Balance starts when you get out of bed

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I fell today

Walking out of the TGIF's in Bensalem PA, I was checking emails on my cell phone. Next thing I knew I was sprawled across the parking lot of the restaurant- Cell phone skidding across the lot, knees and hands skinned and a big hole in my new trousers.
A couple of people helped me up, straightened me out and set me on my way- I didn't see the step down into the parking area. Served me right. "Washing dishes when washing dishes" also means "Watch where you put your feet" and "put the fricking phone away when you are walking into a parking lot".
The universe is always teaching us-

9 comments:

Jessica Gottlieb said...

Ooh, is your knee as bruised as your ego must me.

I hate looking stupid in public but (sadly) it's a real specialty of mine.

A Citizen said...

Yeah- well, knees heal quickly-

Anonymous said...

sorry mate.
as long as the universe is the one who teaches always.

9

wind-up-bird said...

Sorry to hear that, though love the saying about the dishes.....

Anne Elser said...

maybe you need one of those medic alert thingies to wear around your neck????

HElp! I've FalLen aNd I CAN'T GET UP!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Where was Kato to break your fall??? What do you think we keep those cats around for???

Adrienne :)

A Citizen said...

Thanks everyone for your concern-

Sounds like a great name for a band- Falling on Cats! Thanks A.

Anne- Yeah, I am very close to getting a medic alert anyway- Do they have one with a GPS...?

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I practically killed myself doing something like that twice last week! One off a curb holding my 4 year old (dumb, she is about 45 pounds) and twisted my ankle and wrenched my back (but kept the kid off the ground) and then I fell flat on my face after tripping over my shoe in the kitchen. Splat.

A Citizen said...

If you check out Twee's blog, she did the smae thing! I wonder if there was a shift in the earths gravity or something? Maybe we all fell at the same time?? Maybe that's what killed the Dinosaurs? They all fell down on top of each other??