Balance starts when you get out of bed

Monday, April 2, 2007

Vacation

I am three hours into my vacation-

This is what I have done so far-

* Made breakfast and lunch for wife and children.
* Got in a fight with my wife because I didn't want to clean up the house on my vacation.
* Cleaned the garage instead of the house.
* Called my wife and said I was sorry- I need to follow my own advice, every FUCKING moment is precious (see previous blog entry). Enlightment is temporary at best.
* Fixed "E"'s kick stand on his bike.
* Hid sleds in crawlspace above garage. Next people to own house will find them.
* Fixed tomato cages- strike that, fought with tomato cages- lost battle.
* Did two loads of laundry.
* Cleaned old trashcan out- Decomposing old pumpkin from Holloween there. Smell makes me gag- the smell is still on me- yuck.
* Laid Preen all over front and back. While I was spreading it, I wondered if that crap really works or not. Just glad to get it out of the garage.
* Nailed dandilions with Roundup.
* Checked work email- made some adjustments to a spreadsheet for a customer.
* Answered work phone just once- problem I had taken care of last week.

Now out to Home "Despot" and "Staples" to pick up new garden shears and box stuff.

6 comments:

Amie Adams said...

You worked in your first three hours of vacation? That's not right!

Relax. Enjoy.

A Citizen said...

Yeah, well what can I say. It wasn't much, maybe a half hour. It's incredibly hard to ween off of- I will try and do better today...

Anonymous said...

Slacker! Who said you can relax on vacation?

OhTheJoys said...

It's always good to apologize. We women are always right.

Stepping Over the Junk said...

Sounds more like a regular Saturday for a dad than a VACATION!!!!! Especially if you didn't sit and flip channels or take a walk in the woods or something.

A Citizen said...

Yeah- For me it's a pack of Saturdays all rolled into one!

Yes Women are always right- my wife reminds me of that every day...