Balance starts when you get out of bed

Friday, April 6, 2007

How does love change?

Maybe it's yesterday's post about True Love Waiting.

Maybe it's Springtime.

Thinking about love and lovelorn today. Read a few blogs that made me yearn for people as they yearn.

How does love change? What are the different types of love?

I know about infatuation- fleeting, sticky and sweet.
I know the love of friendship- Warm with discovery.
I know the love of a brother- the support and good words.
I know the feeling of love of a parent to child- Unconditional (at least it is supposed to be).
I know the love of a child to a parent- difficult, sometimes judgemental, yet where our childhood rests, therefore the core of who we are.
I know the love of acceptance- taking that person for everything they are, but most importantly what they aren't.
I know the love of a long time partner- like an well worn peice of clothing- comfortable and always there- yet ragged and torn from the miles traveled.
I know the love of the dead- lost in the background, aching and always there.
I know the love of strangers- Never expected, but always welcome.
I know my attempts to give love outward, through actions and thought- Sometimes it's enough, sometimes it's not.

Still searching I guess...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love changes because people change.
It's as simple as that, sometimes people can live with, grow and accept the changes, sometimes not.

When it's another loved one, we take it personally and it's never really about us, our ego just takes it that way.

Amie Adams said...

Mmm. I feel all those as well. And my heart feels a little heavy for it.