Balance starts when you get out of bed

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Duality

It means nothing and at the same time it means everything.

When you place your plate at the table, when you adjust your chair- how you hold your chopsticks. If you get that promotion, if you lose a loved one-

The moment has its own structure- it's own importance. Every moment is an opportunity.

Think about that, every moment being an opportunity.

It means nothing and at the same time it means everything.

Detatchment from the busy mind opens this kind of awareness. That was the discussion at the Dharma center today. The duality of the moment and it's importance on our lives.

Not to say that there are not important things in our lives- there are. It's just where to put them in order of priority- They are all important, yet at the same time not important at all.

Like thoughts during meditation. What box do we keep them in- why are do they take over our minds when we practice (or worse when we try to deal with the pressures of our daily life).

The idea is calming. Let each moment come- try to identify it and cherish the moment for what it is. See the opportunity- and then let it go.

On the way home, the sun was reflecting off of giant clouds in the sky that were absolutely glorious- the sun roof was open and I was listening to a song sung by the Corrs and backed by the Chieftans-

"I know my love by his way of walking
And I know my love by his way of talking
And I know my love dressed in a suit of blue
And if my love leaves me, what will I do?

chorus:

And still she cried, "I love him the best,
And a troubled mind, sure can know no rest"

It means nothing and at the same time it means everything!

1 comment:

Amie Adams said...

I feel calmer just reading this.

thank you