Balance starts when you get out of bed

Friday, May 11, 2007

I had pretty much

...just about given up on this blog. The reasons are varied- The biggest reason is that my wife diagnosed with a stage one tumor in her left breast about a week ago . While I won't go into the details- the next three months into the next year (and forward) is going to be a new chapter in our lives.
We have both been very healthy people. Unreasonably healthy in many ways. This has hit us like a ton of bricks and we are going to have to take things very slowly and as they come.
Work, friends and neighbors have all been great about the news. We hope this optimism will go forward into this period of our lives. I am sure it will.
I will try to keep this blog going forward- and I will make a concerted effort to keep this from being a melodrama-
Thanks to all that have been posting and reading- your input makes me smile...

5 comments:

Pissed OFF Housewife said...

And here's where family counts.

Hug her and kiss her and get her the best.

Karen Smithey said...

I'll be thinking of you, too, and checking back. I echo Housewife.

Anonymous said...

ton of bricks is one of the best decriptions of how the news hits. Sometimes I think it can be more difficult for the spouse than the one diagnosed.

Lots of thoughts and prayers heading your way.

also, be as melodramatic or whatever as you need to be - it can be theraputic.

Jenne
www.jenneink.blogs.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all about this news- I really debated if I wanted to post the news about it. Trying to keep things as normal as possible- Take it as it comes- like everything else in life.

AC

wind-up-bird said...

Lots and lots of thoughts and positive energy. I am so, so sorry to hear that.