Balance starts when you get out of bed

Monday, March 26, 2007

Pigtown Fling Recap

Monday Morning! ARRRGGGHH!!

Pigtown was INCREDIBLE! Saw some old friends, met some new- Danced my ass off and felt like a SPAZ! Short notes before I get in the shower and start my day-

Friday night- Started at 8pm and danced til midnight! The band was Airdance which at once was traditional but with a very jazzy, almost funky flair. Saw the usual gang of dancers- met some new people from Memphis, Cleveland and Columbus. All very nice- made a mental note to try and visit those places for dancing if schedule permits.

Saturday- Went to advanced Contra in the afternoon. Almost understood contra corners (which I have never really gotten). The gym where the dance was, was hotter than hell- sat down in the only airconditioned room in the complex afterwards- ended up doing something called Nia dancing, which was being held in the nice airconditioned room-

The dance is almost impossible to explain to any other human being in words. I call it "yoga booty ballet" from the infomercials on TV, although it's different.

My particular version was "cereabal palsy on parade".

If I ever thought I had the Funk, the Funk, (like Elvis) had left the building many years before I got there.

Met some people who were absolutely delightful (one was a fellow Nia dancer with much more Funk than I), all were easy to talk to and laugh with. Went to dinner with them at Pompilio's in Newport. They shot the movie "Rainman" there a million years ago. Was able to talk to them about my favorite things- Art, Mediation, Food, Travel, etc.

Had a great time.

Went back and danced until 10 pm, when I turned into a pumpkin and had to go to bed in order to catch a flight on Sunday to work a trade show in Chicago. Found out later by one of my dinner partners who was wearing a pedometer that she had danced the equivalent of 24.7 miles!! Wow!

I wanted to keep on dancing dammit!!

Sigh! It's almost 7am- gotta get in the shower- iron my shirt and eat breakfast!! No fair!!

1 comment:

Amie Adams said...

Conra dancing...I'm so intrigued. I will go google it immediately.

Glad you had fun!