Balance starts when you get out of bed

Monday, March 12, 2007

Around and back again

Strange landscapes and surroundings- I am back, trying to work with anxious people with whom I have no patience for- people who think they know everything but don't...trying to do this through a cell phone and computer which is driving me mad.

Saw a lot of interesting things on my trip.

Thursday night, I was a at a crowded disco in Helsinki where they played music from the 80's, smoked and many people drank to excess.

On Friday, I tried my hand at Nordic walking- which is kind of dorky looking- but something I think I am going to try over here.

On Saturday, I went to the World Ski Jumping Championship, where I froze my butt off and watched people fly down a huge ramp, going 100 Kph and flying more than 120m.

Went to a party afterwards that played Finnish top 40 hits- All the Finns danced until the wee hours of the morning.

Visited Pekka's house- he was a painter at the beginning of the 20th century in Finland.

Now its 4:00am and I am awake. I am supposed to go back on the road again this afternoon.

My life is weird.

No comments: