Balance starts when you get out of bed

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Darts and Lepers

Well, so much for doing anything this week.

The lung monster doesn't let me walk more than 6 feet without hacking. I sound like Brenda Vaccaro on a 4 day bender of bathtub gin and unfiltered Camel cigarrettes.

Between ice storms, snow days and cancelled flights- everything got put on hold. The boys were home, wife was home. Everybody here and I sat on the yellow chair doing emails and barking excuses through my cough into the phone. Lovely.

The last few days, I have felt like a leper- not wanting to infect anyone else. Everyone has been staying away from me- I have been sleeping in another room and eating at different times, staying about 10 feet from everyone.

Unclean! Unclean!.

Every hour or so, I would get hit with a Nerf dart- Once in the head. Wrapped around one of the darts was a note that said, "I love ya, Dad. "

Somehow that beat the heck out of the Mucinex I have been taking.

1 comment:

Jessica Gottlieb said...

And the lovely Ms. Vacarro had so much more fun getting there than you....

Nerf in the head....

Love hurts!