Balance starts when you get out of bed

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Dresden Doll Impact

You know who you are-

I went from having about 10 hits a day on this site- to close to 50 a day since I posted the 10 reasons why I love Amanda Palmer post- That's the cool thing about the little stat counter button- It lets me know that you are all pervs- wanting more information on Amanda Palmer.

I have no insight on the band- just a fan, so you won't find it here. All I know that they (the DD) seemed trapped in this horrible road show with the likes of Erasure, Cyndi Lauper and a very, very geriatric Debbie Harry. Also Margret Cho is on the tour- most of the reviews I read say Cho sucks. The Dolls are getting good, if not mixed comments about their act. Some people like them, some people are like- what are they doing in this?

It's for a good cause and all (Gay Pride-something-or-other), however- I think the Dresden Dolls might be something new and unusual, and some record company exec is trying to market them in a retro, 80's gay venu- which I don't think isn't going to work.

Anyway- leave a note- those visitors who are in search of DD and Amanda stuff- Say what you like about Amanda or Brian and what YOU THINK!

Comments below!

1 comment:

Sue Doe-Nim said...

They may know who they are but I'm wondering how you are

And how your wife is?