Balance starts when you get out of bed

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Dont get your hopes up

I have always felt that blogs were sort of a disease- They have always seemed self indulgent, annoying and hopelessly usless. I never understood them- Never saw the point- never took the time either.

So why am I creating one? Could it be to counterbalance all those wankers talking about their dogs, kids and knitting projects- in other words to bring balance to the blogging force? Or perhaps I am just a wanker myself and I want to share my love of cats, worries about global climate change and rampant veganism?

The fact is, I don't know why I am doing this. Today, I stumbled accross a blog of a woman I used to know in Atlanta- It was somewhat startling in its intimacy, yet it made me happy to see how her life turned out. It made me wonder, is it a good thing to publish this kind of information for the world to see? Her life is this little capsule there- full of trials and challenges- but also great joy (married with a new baby). I came close to emailing her, or posting on her blog, only to wish her well- and I stopped myself. Her life is complete now, what possible constructive force could I bring into her world? I thought, is it serving my ego or helping hers? In the end I decided I was just being vain and stupid- and didnt post or email anything.

Since it is close to the end of the year, I guess we all wonder where our lives have been, especially in terms of where we are going. This might be my attempt at some sort of self validation (perhaps instead self-flagilation?).

Or maybe this will just be a travelogue of my travels-

We'll see how well I do at this. I have found that low expectations can lead to pleasant suprises. No guarantees- all warranties are only vaild till something breaks-

No comments: