Balance starts when you get out of bed

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve and a Leaky Roof

Well it is here- the day before Christmas- all the baking, shopping, decorating, wishing of good tidings, driving around town like maniacs, traveling through crowded security checkpoints and internal agonizing is nearly at an end- all to be finished off by a flurry of torn wrapping paper with expected smiles of loved ones as a reward.

I promise not to go on a comsummerism rant here- too Grinchy.

Somehow, my "planning brain" woke me at 6am to the thought of taking Spencer tomorrow to the mall parking lot to practice driving. Half asleep I thought to today would be good, then realized that there would still be many people running around like rabid weasels trying to buy the last little shimmery object that would make their loved ones life complete.

Putting a 16 year old into an enviroment like that would be like putting on a headband that had the Japanese Rising Sun and chanting "Tora, Tora, Tora"!

Sometime today, I need to check out the leak in the roof. Came in through the door to tears, I guess a leak in the roof seeped through to the dining room and damaged a clock and a table that had been in the family for years. Not looking forward to trying to get into the crawl space above Ethan's room. "Remember the Christmas Dad broke his (fill in bone of the body here)?"

Let's see if I can leave this blog alone for the rest of the day. I find myself editing this endlessly- I know, Weirdo...

No comments: