Balance starts when you get out of bed

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Staying at home

This week has been somewhat of a treat. I have slept in the same bed for almost 2 whole weeks. Amazing!

Staying and working at home has done a lot for my attitude and well being. Enjoying being here when the kids get home from school. Being able to make breakfast and dinner for my family. Pack the lunches for the kids. The simple things are a joy. The opportunity to feed and take care of my family is a wonderful meditation on the true importance of life.

The basics: food, water to nourish the body, love and those beings in your life to nourish the soul- Everything else is an unecessary distraction.

Tonight is the first appointment with the trainer. They are right behind a Graeters Ice Cream parlour. Could there be anything more evil...??

2 comments:

Jessica Gottlieb said...

You can do it. Take a jog and sprint past the ice cream OR you could just eat a really small one each week as a reward.

How did the trainer go?

A Citizen said...

Good- He kicked my butt, which is what I paid him to do- so I have no one to blame but myself.

Not too worried about the ice cream parlor. I haven't had ice cream in almost 2 years. I have lost 50lbs over the last three years, and most importantly I have kept it off- I have about another 20lbs to go before I am done. Thanks for asking!

How is LA now-a-days? I left Orange County in 1993- Haven't been back since 2001.