Balance starts when you get out of bed

Friday, January 5, 2007

The Muses

Don't you love it when you find music on your own? I mean the music that you don't find in the bins at Best Buy- Music that some marketing guy in the Record Industry hasn't put a demographic on and spent a gazillion dollars to make sure that you buy this CD.

I am finding that there is a lot of great music lately, special finds- stuff that is eclectic and non-mainstream . For years, my wife and I have bought music from artists directly- at art fairs and at dances. Lately, through Google alerts and now through Blogging I am finding more "unheard music" that is rich, exciting and layered. I found Union of Knives (Glasgow) and Supercar (Japan) through Google alerts. Now I found The Muses through blogging.

The Muses are a acapella group that hails from Asheville NC. I have only heard some samples of their work, and all I can tell you is that these ladies are amazing. I have posted a link to their website. I encourage you to go listen to them. Its a mixture of world, modern, folk, celtic and choral chamber music. It's the lind of the stuff you put on when you have had a long day at work and need to relax and slide into the weekend.

So what are your favorite "found" music groups?

2 comments:

Robin - Erithacus rubecula said...

Hey do you remember the Poison Girls? Now they were a great band but I havent heard of them for years.

I am keeping my eye on this blog. I sense that I might get some good tips on music.
Robyne
www.creativewritintravel.blogspot.com

A Citizen said...

hi Robin- Not familiar with the poison girls, although I did find a site to down load some of their songs for free-

http://www.kersplebedeb.com/poisongirls/index.html

Was into some of the LA punk bands of the day- Black Flag, Circle Jerks, X- Saw Exene, Doe and Bonebreak last year at a Knitters concert- They still sound great- good show

You are only as old as you feel sweetie! 60 is the new 45!